Housing Information Packs – Landlords Must Avail It
Home Information Packs (HIPs) were first introduced by the Government in December 2007 to speed up the property transaction process. In December 2008, some changes were made to it. This included the introduction of a new Property Information Questionnaire that provides a summary of information about the property in one place, helping buyers make decisions about whether to view a property, and ultimately whether to make an offer.
Moreover, from 6 April 2009, the Government is making some important alterations to the Home Information Pack (HIP) that will affect the stage at which it can be purchased. It is now permitted by law that a HIP be in place before the property is marketed, this means that payment must have changed hands before advertising can begin.
Home information packs can provide you all the required information. Landlords are required to provide a Home Information Pack (HIP) if they are marketing residential property in England or Wales. Our Insurance partners can help you get a Home Information Pack fast and at a competitive price. Our Domestic Energy Assessors are accredited to the highest standard. They also offer competitive prices, operate quickly and efficiently and a flexible out of hours and weekend service.
Key Features of home information packs are:
- All the necessary Government approvals will be provided
- An electronic PDF version will be emailed to you
- Your HIP will be supplied within 3-4 working days
You can also avail services of instant home information pack providers. There are a few exceptions to the HIP requirements. You do not need a HIP for:
- properties that are limited by law to use as holiday accommodation for occupation for less than 11 months per year
- properties where there is no marketing (e.g. selling to a member of your family)
- non-residential properties
- mixed sales (e.g. shop with flat)
- right to buy and similar sales
- sales of portfolios of properties
- unsafe properties and properties to be demolished
Home Information Packs contain all information that buyers and sellers need to make an informed decision.