What is a Home Information Pack?
If you are a landlord, you must provide a Home Information Pack (HIP) if you are looking forward to market residential property in England or Wales. Our Insurance partners will help you get a Home Information Pack fast and at a competitive price. Availing HIP from us will stand you in the good lead as our Insurance partners offer HIP’s that are accredited by Domestic Energy Assessors to the highest standard. They also provide competitive prices, operate quickly and efficiently. If you have any queries, you can approach us anytime as our Insurance partners offer a flexible out of hours and weekend service.
If you avail an HIP with us, you can avail:
- All the necessary Government approvals will be provided
- An electronic PDF version will be emailed to you
- Your HIP will be supplied within 3-4 working days
There are various exceptions to the HIP requirements. You will not need an HIP for:
- properties that are limited by law to use as holiday accommodation for occupation for less than 11 months per year
- properties where there is no marketing (e.g. selling to a member of your family)
- non-residential properties
- mixed sales (e.g. shop with flat)
- right to buy and similar sales
- sales of portfolios of properties
- unsafe properties and properties to be demolished
You can also avail home information for landlords. Home Information Packs (HIPs) were first introduced by the Government in December 2007 to speed up the property transaction process. Changes were announced in December 2008. These included the introduction of a new Property Information Questionnaire that will provide a summary of information about the property in one place, helping buyers make decisions about whether to view a property, and ultimately whether to make an offer.